"Read My Lips" is the new initiative began in November 2006 to encourage reading and writing among those both young and old. We want to help feed a passion for the written and spoken word to help individuals continue to mold the future. Want to know how you can be featured? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.896.5616.
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio Part 1" Word Search
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio Part 2" Word Search
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio, Part 4" Word Search
- "Authors You Should Know, Part 2" Word Search
- "Authors We Love, Part 1" Word Search
- "Supporters Tweet For Literacy" Word Search
- "Supporters Tweet For Literacy---2" Word Search
- "Ballin' With Books" Word Search
- CelebRealAcy Word Search
- "Authors Who Have The Write Stuff" Word Search
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
1st "Blacks & Obama" discussion: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
You never know what the turn-out or response will be for events that touch on something so personal as to why you vote the way you do or for the individual that you do, however, everyone in attendance understood the purpose and made it a success.
Special thanks goes out to the Clarion Ledger newspaper for promoting the event as well as the ABC affilliate, 16 WAPT, for promoting it during their morning news and even coming to the event to cover it as well.
The panel discussion for "Blacks and Obama" will be held in Jackson, MS at the JACKSON ENTERPRISE CENTER (931 HWY 80W) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 6p.m. CST.
Panelists recording artists Eddie Wright, Big Pap and Jokah the General, radio talk show host Berlinda White and Jackson Advocate Newspaper Asst. Editor Deanna Tisdale discuss Obama and what his nomination means for the country and Black America. Also joining the discussions will be community activist Valencia Robinson.
Questions to be addressed include:
* Nearly ½ of all convicted felons are Black. Should their voting rights be restored after serving time?
* Why is Obama worthy of the Black Vote?
* Is the talk of change enough to make a difference?
* Is a vote for Obama just a vote against McCain?
* In November what will impact your vote the most?
We hoped to see you there! If you have any questions, contact Cyrus A. Webb at 601.896.5616 or by email at email@example.com.