With a new month, Shadow Play Entertainment is gearing up for many exciting events designed for people of all ages and interests. Here is a snapshot of what you should be aware of as we head into a new week...
* Shadow Play Entertainment is pleased to release the April 2010 roster for guests appearing on Conversations LIVE! Radio this month. Visit this link: http://conversationslive.blogspot.com/2010/04/april-2010-this-month-on-conversatons.html
* Congratulations to recording artists/authors Jacki-O and Tray Chaney for being featured in Community Options' newsletter called Choices. To read their interviews in the publication, visit this link: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1834759/jacki-o-and-tray-chaney-in-choices-440k?da=y
* (April 15-17, 2010) Shadow Play's recording artist/author Jacki-O is preparing to return to Mississippi as part of events scheduled with the Hip Hop and Books Literacy Campaign. Joining her will be authors Jermnine Demouchette and Mr. Mean Mug (also of Shadow Play) and guest author D. D. Turner (Chronicles of a Hip Hop Legend). See the details here: http://shadowplayent.blogspot.com/2010/03/april-15-17-2010-rapperauthor-jacki-o.html
* Shadow Play's actor/author/recording artist Tray Chaney also responded to the death of award-winning journalist and writer David Mills who penned many episodes of The Wire, a show that Chaney was a part of. "I was deeply saddend by the recent passing of David," he said in a statement. "He was a talented writer and advocate for telling real stories. We should all be grateful for his creative genius, and know that he will live on through the many bodies of work he leaves behind."
* Author Maria Stewart talks to Cyrus Webb about the mysteious disappearance of her aunt Theresa Ferrara and what led her to write the book LOOKING FOR CLOSURE. Read the interview here, http://authorstaketen.blogspot.com/2010/04/take-ten-author-maria-stewart.html
* Bestselling author Electa Rome Parks is featured in the most recent webisode for The Write Stuff Literacy Campaign. Watch the interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6yuMFN7yc
* One of Shadow Play Entertainment's newest projects is working with the Hip Hop group Playa Connected. Read the article about their journey here: http://shadowplayent.blogspot.com/2010/04/lo-and-yellow-boy-staying-connected.html
* Shadow Play Entertainment's Herschel Dixon, the host of "Herschel D's Weekly Sports Wrap-Up", talks about how his battle with weight and depression sidelined his hopes for a professional career in sports---and what he's doing now to fulfillment. Read and listen to his story here, http://shadowplayent.blogspot.com/2010/03/herschel-dixon-pulling-his-own-weight.html
To stay abreast of everything Shadow Play Entertainment is doing across the country, visit www.shadowplayent.com. For more information about how you can get involved, contact Cyrus Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.896.5616.