"Read My Lips" is the new initiative began in November 2006 to encourage reading and writing among those both young and old. We want to help feed a passion for the written and spoken word to help individuals continue to mold the future. Want to know how you can be featured? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.896.5616.
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio Part 1" Word Search
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio Part 2" Word Search
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio, Part 4" Word Search
- "Authors You Should Know, Part 2" Word Search
- "Authors We Love, Part 1" Word Search
- "Supporters Tweet For Literacy" Word Search
- "Supporters Tweet For Literacy---2" Word Search
- "Ballin' With Books" Word Search
- CelebRealAcy Word Search
- "Authors Who Have The Write Stuff" Word Search
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Conversations Book Club Hosts author Alphonso Morgan (Thursday, February 15, 2007)
Morgan will be featured in a booksigning at 4p.m. at Waldenbooks (Metrocenter Mall)where he will be signing his book SONS. Following the signing at 6p.m., Morgan will be at Richard Wright Library in Jackson, MS.
SONS, Morgan's debut novel, is set in Brooklyn in the 1990s. It tells the story of a teenage boy's struggle with his sexuality in the age of Hip-hop. In relentless prose the novel moves from light to dark, through race, culture, class and religion to its tragic climax. In June 2006 the book was praised by www.civilrights.org as a must-read.
To learn more about Alphonso Morgan, visit www.alphonsomorgan.com.