"Read My Lips" is the new initiative began in November 2006 to encourage reading and writing among those both young and old. We want to help feed a passion for the written and spoken word to help individuals continue to mold the future. Want to know how you can be featured? Contact us at email@example.com or 601.896.5616.
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio Part 1" Word Search
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio Part 2" Word Search
- "Guests of Conversations LIVE! Radio, Part 4" Word Search
- "Authors You Should Know, Part 2" Word Search
- "Authors We Love, Part 1" Word Search
- "Supporters Tweet For Literacy" Word Search
- "Supporters Tweet For Literacy---2" Word Search
- "Ballin' With Books" Word Search
- CelebRealAcy Word Search
- "Authors Who Have The Write Stuff" Word Search
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Conversations Book Club explores the life and message of Bestselling author V. C. Andrews
With millions of her books in print in over a dozen countries worldwide, there have been few authors who have been able to make the kind of impact as V. C. Andrews. Even her death couldn't stop her success, as it has enabled generation after generation of readers to come to know her as a masterful storyteller.
But who really was V. C. Andrews? What happened in her mysterious life and untimely death? How is she still enthralling us from the grave? This and more will be discussed during July and August 2007 in discussions led by Conversations Book Club founder C. A. Webb.
Below is the schedule for the discussions. All are free to the public, and look for refreshments to be served.
* Tuesday, July 3, 2007 @ 6p.m. (Medgar Evers Library in Jackson, MS) --- An Introduction to V. C. Andrews and her book "FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC". This will set the stage for the weeks to come by opening up discussion about who was the woman behind the masterful stories.
* Tuesday, July 10, 2007 @ 6p.m. (Medgar Evers Library in Jackson, MS) --- Inside "MY SWEET AUDRINA", the novel that explores the lengths a father will go to protect his child.
* Tuesday, August 7, 2007 @ 6p.m. (Medgar Evers Library in Jackson, MS) --- Inside the story of RAIN, the novel which began the Hudson Series and explores the life of a bi-racial child serving for where she belongs.
* Tuesday, August 21, 2007 @ 6p.m. (Medgar Evers Library in Jackson, MS) --- Webb continues his discussion of the Hudson Series with LIGHTNING STRIKES and EYE OF THE STORM, the second and third books in the series.
* Tuesday, August 28, 2007 @ 6p.m. (Medgar Evers Library in Jackson, MS) --- Webb concludes the Hudson Series with THE END OF THE RAINBOW and recaps the lessons learned through the six books that were discussed during the V. C. Andrews discussions.
For those who would like a more concise discussion of the live and writings of V. C. Andrews, Webb is providing the following:
* Tuesday, July 31, 2007 @ 6p.m. (Pearl Public Library in Pearl, MS) --- Webb will recap the life of V. C. Andrews and discuss the social issues addressed in her books FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC and MY SWEET AUDRINA.
* Tuesday, August 14, 2007 @ 6p.m. (Pearl Public Library in Pearl, MS) --- Webb will discuss the four-book Hudson Series and the story of a bi-racial child's journey to find out where she belongs in the world.
We hope you can join us for these exciting discussions, and add your input to the conversation. For more information on the all the books written under the V. C. Andrews' name, click here. To discover more details on the HUDSON SERIES, you can visit this link.