"Read My Lips" is the new initiative began in November 2006 to encourage reading and writing among those both young and old. We want to help feed a passion for the written and spoken word to help individuals continue to mold the future. Want to know how you can be featured? Contact us at cawebb4@juno.com or 601.896.5616.

Get your literary word search ebook for only $5.00

Get your literary word search ebook for only $5.00
Click the cover above to learn more!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

JUST IN: Martha Stewart thinks Conversations Book Club is 'A good thing'


Those who know me are aware that I am a little more than obsessed with the work ethic of four people: Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey and Martha Stewart. Last year, it was an honor to have some correspondence with Oprah. This year I am being blessed with some feedback from Martha Stewart.

Later this month I was going to be announcing a FIRST for the Conversations Branches: I had chosen our first NON-FICTION book to read: THE MARTHA RULES by none other than media Mogul Martha Stewart. On Wednesday, June 20, 2007 I enjoyed a nice conversation with Ms. Claire Cunningham, a publicist with Susan Magrino Agency in New York that represents Ms. Stewart. I had ambitiously asked for a 30-minute interview with Martha with the book club, even offering to do a first and script the questions so there wouldn't be any surprises. Claire actually talked with Martha about the idea, and called me back yesterday afternoon with an explanation that right now her schedule is just too crazy and she couldn't commit. What made my day however was this from Claire:

"Please know that Martha appreciates the offer, and that you all are considering her book, THE MARTHA RULES. Also know that she loves what you (Conversations Book Club) are doing to spread the message about reading in your state and she wishes you continued success."
Though I REALLY wanted the interview (smile), this means so much to me.

In the July 2007 issue of the Conversations Magazine you will find a little something else about Martha that is truly "a good thing".

Stay tuned!

C. A. Webb

No comments: